The Diocese of Greensburg is pleased to announce the Energy Smart 2020 Poster, Video and Essay Contest. The contest is open to students, youth groups and student clubs, Catholic and non-Catholic, in Armstrong, Fayette, Indiana and Westmoreland counties (grades K-12). The contest provides an important educational opportunity to raise awareness about caring for the environment.
- 16-inch-by-18-inch poster board (or smaller)
- Original artwork only; color and/or black and white artwork accepted
- Photographed or scanned and uploaded as a PDF or JPEG
- 30 seconds to 3 minutes in length
- Uploaded to a private YouTube link
- Must be the entrant’s original, previously unpublished work and must not violate a third party’s copyright or trademarks, privacy or other intellectual property rights, including images and music
- Between 100 and 1,000 words depending on age
- Typed, double spaced in Times New Roman font
- Saved and uploaded as a PDF
- Writing should be in entrant’s own words with sources cited in endnotes or footnotes
- Wikipedia may not be used as the primary reference material
With parental supervision, please
download the entry form and complete all of the required fields. Then save the entry form with your information and email it along with your entry to
Accent@dioceseofgreensburg.org with the subject "Energy Smart".
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Integration of theme/originality/creativity/vivid imagery/evangelical components
One entry per category per student/group/club (see Official Rules).
March 1-July 1, 2020
Each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation from Bishop Malesic. Winners will be recognized in The Catholic Accent newspaper/magazine and on WTAE-TV during “The Accent On-Air” in August 2020.
Individual winners will receive a family four-pack of tickets to the Carnegie Science Center.
Youth Group/club winners will receive up to a $500 donation.