Agreement to rules
Requirements and Restrictions
Restrictions, Rights and Release
BEFORE YOU MAY ENTER, YOUR PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST CONSENT TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Energy Smart 2020 ("Contest") is open to students in the Diocese of Greensburg (the "Eligibility Area") who are 5 years or older and enrolled in K through 12th grade at a public, private, parochial, or home school located within the Eligibility Area, at the time of entry. (each such eligible participant, a "Student"). Employees, officers and directors of Diocese of Greensburg ("Sponsor"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, regardless of where they live) and members of the same households (whether related or not) are not eligible. Sponsor's determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time. Void outside the Eligibility Area and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes each Student's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Administrator, and Judges, which are final and binding. Further, each Student's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) ("Parent") unconditionally agrees to all conditions of these Official Rules on behalf of such Student, and further agrees to co-sign any required documents if such Student is chosen as a potential winner and has not yet reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (a "Minor"). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that any Student or Parent associated with the entry has not agreed to or complied with these Official Rules.
3. TO REGISTER: First, each Student must obtain permission from his/her parent or legal guardian to participate in the Contest. Next, Students must register. Information requested on the registration form may include (but may not be limited to) student's full name, mobile phone number, home phone number, email address, date of birth, school grade, school name and address, his/her parent/legal guardian's name and email address, and the name(s) of the other Team member(s). Only one registration form should be completed per entry. Further, the Student, by completing the registration, has provided acknowledgement that he/she has obtained permission from their parent/legal guardian to participate in the Contest. Student and his/her parent(s)/legal guardian(s) agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may contact the Student via call or text message to that mobile phone number in the event that the Student is selected as a potential winner, that standard message & data rates may apply to such communications.
4. ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS: Entry videos must be longer than 30 seconds, but not longer than 5 minutes. If any portion of an entry video was filmed by anyone other than the Students, the Students represent and warrant that such person(s) have granted the Students all rights to the video, and that the Students can and will give written copies of such permissions to the Sponsor upon request. Entry videos may not contain any music or sound effect unless either: [a] the music/sound effect was created by the Student or by someone who has given the Student written permission to use the music/sound effect; [b] the music composition is in the public domain and was performed by the Student or by someone who has given the Student written permission to use the performance; or [c] the music/sound effect was acquired/licensed by the Student from a royalty-free source which does not require credits or other attribution to appear in connection with the entry video. Students and their Parent(s) must be certain that any music or sound effect conforms to all applicable requirements. All forms of plagiarism and fraud are prohibited in all aspects of the Contest. Additionally, cited works are allowed but should not make up a significant portion of the Student/Team's entry. All determinations of plagiarism or fraud will be made by Sponsor in the Sponsor's sole discretion, and such determinations may be made at any time. If such a determination is made after any recognition or prizes have been awarded to a Student, the Sponsor reserves the right to revoke any recognition and demand the return of any prizes (or the value of such prizes) from the affected Student and the Student's Parent(s). Entries must be in English. Entries must not include any branded products, trademarks or logos, except that trademarks or logos owned by the Diocese of Greensburg. Entries may not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon a person's personal or proprietary rights. Sponsor's determination as to whether any entry potentially violates the rights of any third party is final. Entries that are deemed by the judges to be illegal, immoral, obscene, profane or improper will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry at any time which, in the Sponsor's reasonable opinion, endangers the safety or well-being of any person or in the event it is determined that the Student and/or his/her Parent has not complied with these Official Rules. In addition to the Sponsor's right to do so, the judges will also be instructed to disqualify any entry that describes dangerous conduct, stunts, tricks, or conduct that could lead to physical injury, property damage or otherwise violates and/or is inconsistent with these Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, the Students and their Parent(s) represent and warrant that: (a) the Student is the creator of the entry; (b) the concept, ideas, and language used in the entry are wholly original to the Student; (c) the entry conforms to all requirements stated in these Official Rules and at the Website; (d) the entry does not contain confidential material; (e) with the exception of any materials for which properly cited references are provided, the entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (f) the Entry has not previously been entered in any other contest (apart from a school, school district or school-related science fair where direct awards are not made available by corporate sponsors); and (g) the entry has not been previously published in any medium (apart from posting as an unlisted video on YouTube in accordance with these Official Rules), nor has it won any previous awards or recognitions (outside of a school, school district or school-related science fair where direct awards are not made available by corporate sponsors). Further, by participating, the Students and their Parent(s): (a) agree to waive any claim for reimbursement for any equipment or materials necessary to submit an entry regardless of whether or not any particular entry is selected for any prize; (b) acknowledge that the material that will be submitted as part of the Contest may embody materials, suggestions, or ideas similar to those which have been developed by others or by the Contest Entities and hereby acknowledges that any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that the Contest Entities routinely use and consider in the course of each of their business activities, and understands that the Student and/or Parent will not be entitled to any compensation because of use by the Contest Entities of any materials similar to those in a Student's entry; (c) hereby waive any right to any claim or liability with respect to the Contest Entities' use of similar materials; (d) acknowledge that the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use any entry in any way; and (e) understand that submitting any element that is copyrighted by another individual will result in the Student and the Student's Parent(s) being responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against the Releases (as defined below in Section below). Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between any Student and the Sponsor or DIOCESE. In no way is any Student to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor or DIOECESE. The Sponsor and DIOCESE are not responsible for unauthorized third-party use of any entry.
5. RESTRICTIONS, RIGHTS AND RELEASE: By participating in any aspect of the Contest, each Student and the Student's Parent(s) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Contest Entities, DIOCESE, and YouTube, together with the respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns of each (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participating in the Contest (including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for or participating in any Contest-related activity), or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize (or any part of a prize) including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy. Further, each Student and his/her Parent(s) hereby agree to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Releasees due to or arising out of such participant's entry, or such participant's conduct in creating an entry or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation.
6. PERMISSION: By participating, each Student and the Student's Parent(s) agree to grant the Sponsor and DIOCESE: (1) an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, and create derivative works of entries and any other submitted materials, for commercial or non-commercial use, without further permission; and (2) to permit Sponsor and Stanley to use a participating Student's name, photograph, likeness, entry and other submitted materials, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to within the Sponsor's and DIOCESE websites in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request if required in addition to the terms of this document. Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (2) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (3) late, lost, misdirected, corrupted, delayed, stolen or incomplete entries, links, emails or mail; (4) errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials; (5) any disputes between any Student(s); (6) changes to social media platform policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Contest; or (7) any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest (or portion thereof) is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (1) suspend the Contest (or portion thereof) to address the impairment and then resume the Contest (or portion thereof) in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; (2) award the prize(s) via the means of winner determination described herein, from among the applicable nonsuspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment; or (3) to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In the event of any discrepancy between the English language version of these Official Rules and any other translated versions, abbreviated versions, or Contest-related advertising or disclosures, the English language version of these Official Rules shall prevail. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant via the authorized entry website address listed above. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest and sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any person who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating in this Contest, Students and their Parent(s) agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Official Rules or the Contest, including its administration. The Contest and Website are provided by Sponsor on an 'AS IS' basis. Releasees make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Website or the information, content, materials, or products included on the Website. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE RELEASEES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.