The parishes and schools throughout the diocese benefit from the following services provided by the diocesan Finance Office:
- Manage the Catholic Institute, a savings and loan organization, whereby parishes and schools invest cash reserves and may borrow money at reasonable rates for special projects and other purposes.
- Oversee the parish financial review process, which is an on-going bi-annual audit process, to increase awareness of the ministry of parish finance councils through continued education of the published diocesan norms on finance councils, “The Ministry of Fiscal Management.”
- Coordinate a payroll and benefits program for more than 1,600 parish, school and Pastoral Center employees.
- Administer liability, property, worker’s compensation, and diocesan auto insurance programs for all parishes.
- Assist in the administration of the Catholic Foundation, which provides a valuable service to those parishes and schools that have endowments.
- Process the payment of invoices for the Pastoral Center, Greensburg Central Catholic High School, Geibel Catholic High School and the Bishop Connare Center.